Labels

25/08/2011

Gumstix touch screen problem


I re-installed file system (2Gb SD card) for my Overo gumstix. After i booted from SD, I found the touch screen did not work. So, I had a look in /dev/input directory. I can only see 'mice' in this folder, no 'touchscreen0'.

Then I tried different way to solve the problem. I tried:
$ nand erase 240000 20000
$ reset

When I booted gumstix, the back light of screen turned on, but nothing displays on the screen.  I can see 'touchscreen0' in /dev/input.  I tried '/usr/bin/ts_test'. This command can detect the position when i touched screen, but just no display.

I thought my screen was faulty.

After that, I took a look the u-boot environment:

# printenv
dvimode=1024x768MR-16@60
defaultdisplay=dvi

DVI? The touch screen I am using is LCD!

Ok, changed it to:
# setenv defaultdisplay lcd43
# saveenv
# boot

Haha, screen is working.

No comments:

Post a Comment